1. Purchase Products from Urban Automotive
2. Purchase Vehicles from Urban Automotive
3. Purchase services from Urban Automotive
4. Request a formal quotation from Urban Automotive
5. Purchase Products from Urban Automotive Online (via www.houseofurban.co.uk)
6. Sign Up to the Urban Automotive Newsletter for email Updates
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we store and handle that data plus how we keep it safe.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch.
Its likely that we will need to update this notice from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes but you are welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
2. Urban Automotive Ltd
For Simplicity throughout this notice ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Urban Automotive Ltd
3. The Legal Basis
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you chose to sign up to email newsletters.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
For example, we will only request the data we require, if you sign up to an email newsletter we will not request telephone numbers or addresses because these are not required to email you.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we will use your purchase history to send you offers in the future.
We will your information to contact you in the event of a product recall or warranty incident.
4. When do we collect your personal data
• When you buy products and services on the phone, in a premesis or online.
• When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest
• When you create an account with us.
• When you engage with us on social media.
• When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
• When you ask one of our members of staff to email you information about a product or service.
• When you request a quotation on our goods or services
• When you enter prize draws or competitions.
• When you book any kind of appointment or consultation with us.
• When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
• When you comment on or review our products and services.
• When you fill in any online forms.
• When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
• When you use our car park or service entrance, our CCTV which records data for the security of both customers and staff. These systems may record your image and/or vehicle registration mark during your visit.
5. What data do we collect?
• If you place an order with us: your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
• Copies of documents you provide to prove your ability to drive a courtesy car under our insurance. This document will include details of your full name, address, date of birth and facial image.
• Details of your visits to our website, and which site you came from to ours.
• Payment card information.
• Your comments and product reviews.
• Your image or vehicle registration mark may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our HQ or car park.
• Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels.
6. How do we use your personal data
Here is how we will use your personal data and why:
• To process any orders that you make from our HQ or by using our website. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as product recalls, refunds, guarantees and so on.
• To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
• To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities.
• To protect our customers, premises, assets and staff from crime, we operate CCTV systems at our HQ and in our car park which record images for security. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
• To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
• If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. We aim to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
• With your consent, we will use your personal data when we need to confirm your vehicle purchase with the vehicle manufacturer. Their process requires us to do this to complete vehicle registration. Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
• To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
• To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law.
7. How we protect your personal data.
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
We destroy all payment information after payment has been taken
8. Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example, delivery couriers, technicians visiting your home, for fraud management, to handle complaints, to help us personalise our offers to you and so on.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
• We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
• They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
• We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
• If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
• Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
• Manufacturers where your data is required to complete a purchase.
Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes:
We will only do this in very specific circumstances, for example:
• For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
• We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
• We may, from time to time, expand, reduce or sell the business and this may involve the transfer of divisions or the whole business to new owners. If this happens, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
9. What are your rights over your personal data
You have the right to request:
• Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
• The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
• That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
• That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
10. How can you stop the use of your data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
• Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular division.
• Email and request all or selected marketing to stop
• Write to Urban Automotive Ltd, 9 Newmarket Court, Kingston, Milton Keynes, MK10 0AG.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
11. Contacting a regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123